10 Simple Effective Time Management Hacks
Everyone is trying to achieve the unachievable. To do more with less.
Everyone is busy, however here are 10 simple things that you can incorporate into your life that will make things just that little bit easier.
- Try to schedule one day per week without meetings. Having one full day in the office being 100% productive gives projects a good chance of completion.
- If you’re an employee, ask your boss to reprioritise for you. He/she is your supervisor for a reason & can reasonably be expected to help out in this area.
- Schedule time in your diary for social media, & stick to it! It’s all too easy to get caught up reading interesting articles. Before you know it, you're down that rabbit hole & hours have passed.
- Shortcuts are everywhere. Make it your mission to find & use them. They can be anything from computer shortcuts to the driving route you take between meetings.
- Clean your desk. An uncluttered space = an uncluttered mind.
- Work that Pareto’s Principle! 20 percent of your efforts produce 80 percent of your results. Find your 20% & work it to your advantage.
- Use the 2 minute rule. If you can do something (like replying to an email) in 2 minutes, do it now. Planning for it later, remembering it, doing it in the future will take 5 minutes or more.
- Start small. Organise your desk drawer in the 15 minutes you’re on hold on the telephone. Make the most of every minute.
- Make friends with your shredder - & use it straight away to dispose of confidential papers (that you don’t need to file or action).
- Know what organising style works for you. If you’re a tactile person you could work better ditching the smartphone & using paper & pen.